Choosing a camp for your child is a very important decision, and it’s one that we don’t take lightly at Canyon Creek. Parents browse hundreds of camp websites, carefully selecting camps that appeal to their child’s interests. All of this work can often leave the parent (and camper!) unsure of which camp to choose. This is why word of mouth is such a vital aspect to the growth of a camp, and is one of the biggest reasons why we have seen such a large growth at CCSC.
Parents are great at finding information to help guide their decision, but hearing personal stories and testimonials are key in helping make the final choice of a camp. Don’t want to take our word for it? Great! Take the word of some of our parents! 🙂
• “My son’s first camp experience was everything that we could have hoped for. He had a great time and cannot wait to go back!”
• “My child can’t wait to go back to camp. Every day she keeps talking about her canyon creek experiences (she calls it her happy place). She comes back from camp with so much confidence, enthusiasm, and lifelong friendships. She literally counts the days until next summer.”
• “Canyon Creek is my daughter’s happy place! She counts down all year until she can get back there to be with her friends and get on that lake!”
• “I love Canyon Creek, I feel at home and Family and Respect does come home with me, it’s one of my favorite places on earth, I feel purified and I feel like myself.”
• “We love CCSC! Our family completely trusts that our daughter will have not only have an awesome time at camp but will be safe and happy during her time up at the Creek!”
• “My son loved the huge variety of activities, from Scuba to yoga to the weekly lake trips. But what really blew me away is how invested the directors are in the success of every camper. Canyon Creek has so much heart.”
• “Canyon Creek is my daughter’s favorite summer place to be! She absolutely LOVES it! “It is fun and the counselors are superb!” We love everything from the T-shirts (which she wears daily) to the Philly cheesesteak sandwiches and all the great times in-between! • Canyon Creek brings out the best in your child. Finds strengths you didn’t even know they had.”
• “CCSC is my happy place in the summer”
• “Benjamin began attending Canyon Creek Summer Camp in 2013 at age 9. He attended a 2-week session that first year and has built up to staying at camp for six weeks each summer, including participating in the NBA All-Star Basketball Camp for three years! Benjamin found a place where he can be himself, is becoming independent, tries new activities and continually increases his confidence. There isn’t an activity at camp that he doesn’t love and he truly considers Canyon Creek to be his “home away from home.” Benjamin gets excited when he talks about all the wonderful counselors he’s had over the years and is counting down the days until he is old enough to become a CIT, then a counselor and someday becoming Camp Director. Thank you CCSC for making Benjamin’s summers an experience he’ll always remember!”
At camp we are often so caught up in the moment, that it’s tough for us to take a second to appreciate the amazing things that we accomplish every summer. That’s why getting testimonials from our parents is so rewarding for us. Testimonials are a collection of personal affirmations on why camp matters, and to us, there’s no better thing!