Shorts, shoes, socks, bug spray - what else do you need?!? Scroll down to see our recommendations of what to pack, what not to pack, and what to put it all in! We'll make sure your camper is ready for everything!
Get to know the musts For Packing for Summer Camp
Packing for your summer camp experience is very important. We make the following recommendations:
Pack belongings in a duffle bag or trunk
Keep in mind that campers will each have one cubby space but most belongings will be kept either under or at the foot of their beds.
Involve your children
When you pack for camp, involve your children in the process. The better he/she knows what they have brought, the better they will be able to keep track of it once at camp!
Don't Pack Expensive Things!
Do not send expensive clothing, jewelry, watches, accessories, etc. Canyon Creek Summer Camp is not responsible for lost or stolen clothing and personal belongings.
Make sure all articles of clothing and supplies are properly and securely LABELED.
- 5-6 pairs of shorts
- 2-3 pairs of long pants/jeans
- Child-safe bug spray
- 2 long-sleeved shirts
- Medication, Vitamins, etc. (packed separately)**
- 2 sweatshirts
- 1 lightweight jacket
- 2 swim suits
- 4-5 t-shirts for weekends/evenings*
- 10-14 pairs of socks
- 10-14 pairs of underwear
- 2-3 pairs of pajamas
- 2 pairs of closed-toed tennis shoes
- 1 pair of flip-flops/sandals
- Prescription eyeglasses/contacts
- 2 standard twin-size fitted sheets
- Laundry bag
- 1 sleeping bag or bedding
- 1 pillow
- 1-2 hats/visors
- 2 pillowcases
- Self-addressed, stamped postcards/stationery
- 2 bath towels and washcloth
- 1-2 beach towels
Campers will be required to wear camp shirts Monday-Friday.
We will give each camper 5 shirts on their first day of camp. Weekends and evenings will be “free dress.” Laundry will be done on premises halfway through each 2-week session.
Please pack all prescription medication, vitamins, etc. separately as they will be stored in our Health Office.
- Discman/I-pod (for bedtime only)
- 1 pair of “water shoes”
- Baseball glove
- 1 casual/nice outfit for Friday nights
- Deck of cards/travel game
- Personal items (i.e., blanket, pictures)
- Cleats (soccer or baseball)
- Disposable camera
- 2-3 tank-tops/sleeveless shirts
- Swim goggles
- Roller blades
- Outfit for Special Event Day
The following are NOT permitted at camp:
Electronic devices, such as “Game Boy”, radios, etc.
Toys, including water guns, action figures, etc.
“Weapons,” such as pocketknives, etc.
Recording Devices (camcorders, Video I-pods)
For campers’ convenience and safety, we do not recommend bringing fishing poles, water equipment, baseball bats, archery equipment or golf clubs.
Please note, any questions concerning items either on or not on these lists for your stay with us, please call camp directly at 661-724-9184.